Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a holiday of perspiration

#54: With a very strong light, one can make the world disappear. Before weak eyes it will become solid; before still weaker eyes, it will acquire fists; and to eyes yet weaker, it will be embarrassed and punch the face of anyone who dares to look at it.

I'm not sure if I like that translation.

I have been awake since Saturday morning. I feel like I am sinking into a fissure populated by the carcasses of ancient coelacanths, armored with automated mandibles that refuse to stifle their snapping.

2 comments:

  1. I learned a new word. "Celacanth." I think I've asked this before, but how do you stay up for so long? Do you have any tips? I know that seems like a rudimentary question, but I've always felt like I've slept off more of my life than being awake, or apathetically stared into the distance as sleep puts a stranglehold on my consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have boundless energy, I guess. The time I spend awake is utilized to its fullest extent, and then I collapse.

    ReplyDelete